Friday, August 6, 2010

Bald-Headed Freak Joins Prim Perfect Staff

Location: Other Grids

I'm pleased to announce that starting with this issue of Prim Perfect, I'll be writing a monthly column about grids Beyond Second Life.

This opportunity to work with Saffia and her talented collaborators will also have a salutatory effect on me. I hope to bring an outsider's perspective to a journal that does a fine job of covering fashion, architecture, and design in virtual worlds. There is, after all, a lot to be found beyond Linden Lab's walled garden.

It's too easy to stay in the familiar, well trodden paths.

It's wise, given the year's turmoil at the Lab, to lay some "just in case" plans if an acquisition or bankruptcy leads to all our virtual goods going "poof." It happened in There, Lively, and Metaplace, after all.

With those sobering thoughts in mind, my first trip will be to Third Rock Grid. After that, who knows!

3 comments:

Lalo Telling said...

Congratulations, good luck and have fun! I'll be anticipating your reports, and hope to meet you in InWorldz.

Iggy O said...

Lalo, Inworldz is on Iggy Strangeland's short list. I anticipate visiting it in October or November. If you could be my tour-guide to a great sim, that would be great. I plan to focus on one location each visit, plus an overview of the grid.

But I plan to keep coming back with "news of the worlds" in subsequent issues of Prim Perfect.

Viv Trafalgar said...

So glad you've joined the Prim Perfect crew Iggy!